Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sigh...

Here is Xander and his mama on the last day of his mama's maternity leave.  We thought we'd take a picture to commemorate our eight weeks together.

While I love my job and am looking forward to seeing my coworkers again, I now understand the appeal of the stay-at-home parent lifestyle.   He's so precious!  Who wouldn't want to stay with him all the time and address his every need?  

I find myself wanting to bottle time.  But since that is impossible, I turn to picture- and video-taking as the less satisfying alternative.  He breaks my heart every second he gets older.  Ah, well.  We'll always have the past eight weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, you just made me cry - soft, gentle, happy tears of empathetic joy.

Anonymous said...

Going back to work after Cooper was born was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, I don't see it being any easier this time..........however, just wait until he's 2 and believe me, there will be days that you can't WAIT to take him to daycare!! :)

Love from another working mommy!

Anonymous said...

Aww... the whole damn family is just so precious I want to explode in happiness! :) I loves me some Gogark!